Similar to any product for sale, your home should also be marketed properly to reach potential home buyers. Professional Luxury Orange County Real Estate Photography ensures that your listing makes a great first impression and stands out from the rest of the competition. In addition, Before any photo shoot, you need to get ready and prepare your home, both inside and outside.
Why Prepare Your Home for Real Estate Photo Shoot?
Staging your home for sale before the photoshoot is essential. While getting your home close to picture perfect is not easy, it is possible nonetheless. Remember that in Professional Luxury Real Estate Photography less and that is why we suggest that you try declutter as much as possible. Don’t forget about your pets too – our Orange County Real Estate Photographers highly suggest minimizing their presence and hiding all toys and bowls if possible as well.
In the long haul, Professional Real Estate Photography will not only attract more potential home buyers but also increase the final price of the property while reducing its time on the market. These are some essential steps you should take to ensureideal interior and exterior photos.
- Dust, mop, sweep, and vacuum
- Clean the windows/mirrors
- Replace burnt out light bulbs
- Turn all lights on
- Turn all screens, ceiling fans, and TVs off
- Make all beds
- Hide your shoes and clothes in the closet
- Remove rags to show the actual flooring
- Since the front exterior is usually the first photo buyers, see, clean up landscaping and hide all the personal items including bikes, water hoses, toys, sports balls, etc.
- Close garage doors and remove all cars from the driveway
- Clean pool and hide all pool cleaning supplies
- Water the garden
- Clean all pillows and cushions
- Clean porch and tidy up patio furniture
- Hide trash cans
5 Critical Things To Do Right Before the Shoot:
- Turn on all interior lights.
- Light fireplaces and candles.
- Turn all screens, ceiling fans, and TVs off.
- Open all blinds, shades, and curtains.
- Secure pets in a safe location, away from rooms that will be photographed.
Room Specific Guidelines On Preparing For Orange County Luxury Real Estate Photography:
- Try and clear all countertops completely
- Knife blocks, spices, and baking supplies should be hidden, while a few small appliances, such as a coffee maker or blender can improve your real estate photo
- Clean the refrigerator and remove all magnets and photos
- Wash the dishes
- Hide garbage cans
Shooting Dining Rooms:
- Hide child seats
- Clear the dining room table, dust and polish it.
- Use decorative place setting.
- Add a bouquet of flowers.
- Straighten all chairs, space them evenly.
- All bedrooms, including the master bedroom, guest bedroom, and kid bedroom should be clean and picture ready
- Make all beds, add decorative pillows and shams if available
- Clear nightstands
- Hide all charging cables
- Clean under the bed
- Remove all personal items/family photos
- Remove all rags and floor mats
- Clear countertops completely. Remove everything including soap, toothbrushes, etc.
- Put toilet seats down
- Close closet doors
- Remove dirty towels and leave out a few new, unused towels
Hiring a Professional Orange County Real Estate Photographer is generally the best thing you can do to improve your listing. Of course, the more you prepare your home before the professional real estate photographer arrives, the better the final pictures are going to look.
For the latest tech news and trends, Matterport 3D Tour information, Aerial Photography Service updates, 360 Virtual Tour projects, incredible HDR Real Estate Photography images, Architectural Photographer tools and much more, make sure to follow our blog: https://invisionstudio.com/blog/