There are a variety of reasons you want to hire a Professional Aerial Photographer. First off, it takes a good amount of hours, sometimes weeks of practice to learn how to properly fly and take great Aerial Photography.
Second, in the US, you need an FAA UAV operator’s certificate to fly a drone for Real Estate Marketing – even if funds are not changing hands with a professional. Bottom-line, if you are experimenting with your first real estate listing, then we usually recommend that you definitely hire a Professional Aerial Photographer.
If you are in the market to hire a Professional Aerial Photographer to shoot your property, then here are seven essential items our Aerial Photographers suggest you cover before hiring them.
- FAA Certified? Does your Aerial Photography Company have an FAA Part 107 UAV Operator’s Certificate in-hand? (Ask to see a copy if possible)
- Liability Insurance: Does your Aerial Photography Company carry at least $1mm+ in liability insurance coverage that specifically covers piloting a drone for Professional Real Estate Photography?
- Client References: Our Professional Aerial Photographers often times recommend that you ask if your photographer can send web links to 3 listings or property websites that contain their past work.
- Pre-Shoot Planning Checklist: Ask if they can share the pre-shoot planning checklist, so you can understand how they work as Aerial Photographers.
- Price List: How much does the Professional Aerial Photographers charge for each of the following?
- One 60-second 4K aerial video of a single family home
- 5-10 high-quality still shots taken outside of the home
- Lead Time & Weather Conditions: You should always ask how much lead time is needed to prepare and show up onsite? What weather & wind conditions would prevent from shooting a project?
- Deposit, Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy: Ask if there are any fees or cancellation penalties if you change your mind? Additionally, ask how much lead time do they typically require before a shoot?
For the latest tech news and trends, Matterport 3D Tour information, Aerial Photography Service updates, 360 Virtual Tour projects, incredible HDR Real Estate Photography images, Architectural Photographer tools and much more, make sure to follow our blog: https://invisionstudio.com/blog/